Free Wi-Fi everywhere
The newest Youth Hostel is located rue du Bastion d'Egmont, a stone's throw away from the "Rive Gauche" Shopping Centre, in the lower town and opposite the Charleroi Sud train station which offers mobility options by train, bus and tram! A bicycle point (Point vélo) is also available at the station (bike rental, repair and sale).
The hostel is only 11km from the airport (Brussels South Charleroi Airport) by car and only 17 min by bus!
Stay here and you’ll be spoilt for choice – explore the city’s culture and heritage, visit the outstanding Museum of Photography, or take a stroll along the banks of the canalor the Sambreand enjoy the stunning countryside. Charleroi is a surprisingly forward-looking city packed with hidden treasures – and plenty for shopaholics and culture vultures, too!
The hostel is the ideal base for Get UP festival, Quartier d’Eté, the Brocante des Quaisflea market and the City Parade. And for more adventurous types, take a hike along a GR long-distance footpath and explore the slag heaps and other attractions.
The youth hostel is brand new, so come and experience it while it’s still fresh and find out what comforts and conveniences we have in store.
Whether you’re staying alone, as a couple or in a group, our hostel has exactly what you need – double rooms, family rooms and dormitories for larger groups.
We have 43 rooms (2, 3, 4 and 6 beds), or 189 beds in total.
Every room has USB sockets, free Wi-Fi, lockers and a private bathroom.
Find out more about our rooms and read some practical information.
Room of 2
Room of 3
Room of 4
Room of 4
Room of 6
- Laundry Room
- Bed sheets
- Sustainable breakfast
- Luggage room
- Car park
- Garage for motorbikes
- Garage for bicycles
- Bicycle hire
- Coach park
- Meeting rooms
- Baby equipment
- Disabled room
- Climbing and zip line
- Sports/children’s activities
- Games room
- Towel hire
- No pets allowed
Address : Rue du Bastion d’Egmont 3, 6000 Charleroi
By car : From RING R9 ; Exit Rive Gauche (parking)
By public transport : Charleroi South station. Shuttle bus between Brussels South Airport (Charleroi) and Charleroi South station
Point Cambio : at the Charleroi Sud train station
Bus : Place des trams stop, line 43, 83, 85,86, city, M3ab and M4 ab.
On foot : GR412
By bike :
- EuroVélo 3
- W4 from Leers-Nord to Anhée
- W6 from Chaudfontaine to Erquelinnes
- Line 112 from Fontaine-l'Evêque to Monceau-sur-Sambre
- Line 119 from Gosselies (Charleroi) to Châtelet
- Line 112A from 266 de Souvret (Courcelles) to Roux
Your itinerary on Google Map.
Check-in and check-out times
Check-in: From 2 pm
Check-out : Before 11 am
You can register and use the luggage room outside these hours.
A sustainable, local buffet breakfast is served between 6:00 am and 10:00 am.
Shuttle to / from the airport
The hostel is just 10 km from Charleroi Airport (Brussels South Charleroi Airport, mainly served by Ryanair). Find here all the information to help you organize your trip to or from the airport: Transportation from Charleroi airport to the city center
- For the wellbeing of all our users, please maintain peace and quiet in rooms and corridors, particularly from 10 p.m. until 8 a.m.
- You are permitted to smoke in the hostel’s yard, which closes at 11 p.m. Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas and on the emergency stairs. An on-the-spot fine of €50 and/or ejection from the establishment will follow any activation of a smoke detector or any report of a contravention.
- Please do not eat and drink in the rooms, a cafeteria and shared kitchen are available to you on the ground floor.
- Rooms are hired from 4 p.m. until 10 a.m. If you wish to keep the room for an extra night, you must pay the amount of the overnight stay before 10 a.m. (subject to availability).
- Access to the rooms is reserved for the registered persons and subject to payment. The access card is non-transferable and it is prohibited to host guest(s) in the rooms without the prior agreement of the reception.
- Unless exceptionally agreed by the management, the duration of stays is limited to 7 nights, and a period of 4 weeks must elapse between 2 successive stays.
- In the dormitories, each person must keep personal spaces (beds and locker) and communal areas (shower and WC) clean and tidy, without cluttering them. Dormitories must be clear of occupants between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Our organization reserves the right to refuse access to its establishments to any person who does not have a dress and / or an acceptable hygiene allowing the good progress of a life in community between our various users.
If you want to brainstorm or go green with your colleagues, sports team or school group, you’ll need a suitable venue to host your workshop, conference or meeting.
The youth hostel has four meeting rooms. And you don’t have to stay here to use them! You can book the rooms for as long as you need them, and we can provide whatever equipment you need. We also offer a catering service.
Find out more about our meeting rooms.
Food & drink.
The price per night at all our hostels includes a sustainable buffet breakfast made from fresh, local, responsibly sourced produce.
Every hostel has a bar, which is the main focal point for socialising. It’s where the action happens! The bar serves a great range of drinks (also local), plus light meals and refreshments (subject to availability).
For groups of 10 or more, please contact the youth hostel to benefit from our specially designed menus. We make a point of working with local suppliers and sourcing seasonal produce, so you get menus that everyone will love!
See this hostel’s menu
Explore our map! There are so many things to discover nearby...
Great place to stay, especially if you're flying out from Charleroi Airport. It's clean, modern, and comfortable. The shower has cabinets outside for you to put your clothes, and both shower/bathroom are very clean and spacious.Anonymous