Travel better and feel happy with HI
Did you know that countries that score highest on the world’s wellbeing scale are also the most peaceful?
There is no doubt that peace and wellbeing are intrinsically linked and this year we celebrate the UN International Day of Peace by remembering the happiness, peace, and wellbeing that travel can bring.
The last year has been challenging for all of us, now as we are on the road to recovery, we want to take this opportunity to celebrate peace, diversity and tolerance, and the happiness that comes through connecting with others and sharing happy memories.
(Fin du concours le 24/09)
Want to know more?
Check out some of the activities we have lined up to celebrate this UN International International Day of Peace, 21 September below.
- 2 x 2 pairs of Interrail/Eurail Global mobile passes for 7 days of travel valid within 1 month, 2nd class.
- 2 night package from REAJ, Spain offering a double room for 2 people with breakfast included.
- 2 night stay in a private room with YHA New Zealand.
- 2 night stay in a double room with Movijovem/ HI Portugal.
- 2 x an overnight stay at any HI Les Auberges de Jeunesse, Belgium – Wallonia & Brussel hostel for 2 people with breakfast included.
- 7x overnight hostel packages from HI Hostels Brazil each offering a two-night stay for one person in shared accommodation.
- 200CHF voucher from Swiss Youth Hostels.
- Ten annual HI e-memberships.
The competition will run from 31 August to 24 September 2021, to be in with a chance of winning one of 25 prizes all you have to do is share your happiest travel moment on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the #sleepforpeace
Join us this 21 September online!
Hostelling International will be hosting an online chatter event throughout the day on 21 September where our friends from across the globe will join together to share their happiest hostelling and travel moments, along with some top travel tips.
We will also have insights from stakeholders in the travel and youth sector, giving their thoughts about travels’ role in peace, happiness, and wellbeing, and how we can work towards a more peaceful, happier, and tolerant world.
Finally, don’t forget to keep an eye out for events in participating HI hostels on the day!